Delicious Zucchini Noodles and Avocado Pesto with Turkey Meatballs
Posted on 10 October 2018
You've probably already heard of "Zoodles", the newest healthy trend! They are incredibly healthy and are a fresh alternative to pasta.
Delicious, low in calories and carb-free! What more could you ask for?
I'm sharing my go-to easy zoodles recipe that will leave everybody asking for seconds! This zucchini noodles with turkey meatballs and homemade avocado pesto recipe are tasty, nutritious and very easy to make!
- Spiralizer ( for the zucchini noodles)
- Blender ( for the pesto)
- 4 zucchinis
- 1 bunch of fresh basil
- 2 ripe avocados
- 2 tablespoons of grated parmesan
- 2 tablespoons of Romano
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1/2 cup of pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- Pinch of salt and pepper to taste
- 2 pounds of organic ground turkey
- 2 organic free range eggs
- 1 cup of your favorite bread crumbs (or panko for a healthier option)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped zucchinis
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onions
- 2 tablespoon of organic coconut oil for cooking (you can use olive oil as well)
- 2 tablespoons of fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt, 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder, 1/2 teaspoon onion powder, a pinch of oregano, pinch of rosemary, pinch of basil, pinch of turmeric.
- 2/3 of organic chicken broth
1- Pesto: Place all the pesto ingredients in a food processor and set aside covered.
2- Using the spiralizer make the zucchini noodles - set aside
3- In a large bowl put the ground turkey, eggs, breadcrumbs, zucchinis, onions, fresh parsley, and seasoning. Mix thoroughly using your hands. Make 1 inch balls with the mixture.
4- Meanwhile, heat the coconut oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add the meatballs until brown. (This should take about 6 minutes).
5. Add 1/3 organic chicken broth; cover and reduce heat to low until the liquid is absorbed. Add the remaining chicken broth and increase the heat to medium until the liquid is again absorbed. This will make your meatballs nice and juicy.
6- In a separate pan over medium to low heat place the zucchini noodles for a few minutes until they soften. Do not overcook them as they will just become soggy.
7- Combine the zoodles, pesto, turkey meatballs and serve!
Enjoy your meal! :)